Terms & Conditions!
Whilst we work on a very informal basis, it would seem the right thing to do to have up a list of terms and conditions!
1. A deposit is required to secure your booking. £25 of this (or the full value of your deposit if less than this figure) is non-returnable should you cancel the party at any time. The remainder of the deposit will be returned to you should the cancellation be made 4 weeks or more before the date of the party. Cancellations after this time will forfeit the full deposit. We will of course work with you where possible to secure an alternative date should you wish.
2. Balance of the payment must be made on the day in cash to the entertainer before the party starts.
3. Due to other bookings on the same day, it is very important the agreed start and finish times are adhered to. Should you, on the day, wish the entertainer to start later or remain longer, this is at the discretion of the entertainer and all extra time is payable at their rate (£10-15 per 30mins or part thereof extra for Melaballoo and Fab Dab, £25 per 30mins or part thereof for entertainers) Of course, we can move start times around in advance for no cost (if they do not affect other bookings etc).
4. We make every effort to attend your event and usually will contact you a few days prior to the event to check any last minute arrangements and give you peace of mind that all is set. However feel free to contact us at anytime. It’s hugely important that we receive a mobile number we can contact you on on the day.
5. We reserve the right to change the entertainer at no notice. Whilst of course we would do our utmost to supply the same one as originally booked, should there be illness or another reason they cannot attend, we will supply another of our entertainers to take their place if necessary (who will provide the same programme).
In over 500 parties we have only ever had one glitch (in which we successfully provided alternative arrangements), but if some terrible unforeseeable event occurred meaning no-one could attend, we would firstly inform you as soon as possible, try to make alternative arrangements, and return any monies to you (in this case including the full deposit). However we cannot guarantee we’d be able to find you alternative arrangements although we are confident you will receive the best service of any party entertainment company/children’s entertainers (a common excuse for other entertainers cancelling is that they had to go into hospital, and the client is left to ring round others for herself!)
In the unlikely event that due to any unforeseeable circumstance we are unexpectedly late arriving (this has only happened twice in over 500 parties – it’s not our plan!!) we will either offer a respective discount or continue for the same amount afterwards if possible.
5. Wherever possible, confirmation of booking and party details should be made via email with a contact telephone number.
6. Whilst we risk assess all our activities and make them as safe as possible (see health and safety) we accept no liability for loss, injury or damage sustained whilst we are present and reiterate that the children are the sole responsibility of the parents/ carers.
7. SNOW AND ICE – We have only ever been late starting a party by 5mins due to snow/ice, however, this was me (Joy) and it was my decision to brave the elements. Although I would expect my entertainers to make every effort to get to a party, I cannot put them at risk, and if they deem it too dangerous to get to your party I have to support them in their decision. In this event, you will be refunded any monies minus £25 admin cost (as above in no.1).